Thursday, March 26, 2015

Baby Shower for Remi

My dear friend Remi Richards has three little girls and is now expecting a little boy.  She is also moving to Michigan in a few months to spend four years while her husband completes his residency-- brave, brave woman!  We will miss her and her family more than I can say.  Lots of fun friends came and Remi got a bunch of adorable little boy clothes. 
So I couldn't resist the chance to use Grandma Afton's tartlet tins. Just seeing them brings me right back into her kitchen as a kid snitching and snarfing down tarts as fast as she could make them.  She was always so kind and gentle and patient with me.  I don't once remember being told to stop eating the tarts, or being shooed out of the kitchen. It was always the gathering place.  Anyhow, I went a little crazy with "tiny" treats-- made a TON of tarts, mini cupcakes, cucumber sandwiches, fresh fruit, and little olive and cheese toothpicks. Thankfully Kacey Nielsen was willing to make some real lemon curd (divine!!) and come early and help me or I would have been in way over my head! (also lovely white plate credit has to go to my sweet mother in law Dawn who just got me a full set of white plates from IKEA! love them! Other pretty serving vessels were borrowed or given to me by grandma Louise long ago.)  It was a fun night!
 

No comments: