I know this is not a great picture - but this is our sweet Grandma Afton. I love this picture because of her cat, BB. She only snuggles up to grandma - no one else. She seems to know when grandma needs her or is feeling low.
When mom and dad went out of town for a week - aunt Michele took over tending to grandma - but on Saturday afternoon she needed some help for a few hours. So I went over and spent those few hours with my sweet grandma.
Grandma has dementia and forgets to eat - so I got out some peaches and filled a little bowl for her. I wasn't sure she would eat but she did - and then asked for more! I was so happy! Then we talked and she held my hand. She doesn't really remember who I am - but remarkably - she remembers my Ava! So we chatted about her for a bit and then it got quiet. I decided to find a book to read and all I could find was book 1 of the Harry Potter series. So I started reading. After the first chapter I asked her if she liked it and she said, "No." But then asked me to keep reading, so I did. We got through 3 chapters before aunt Michele came back.
It was such a simple afternoon - but one I will always remember. Grandma has always been, and will always be an amazing women, and a great example to me. I love her with all my heart!


1 comment:
Thanks for posting this Manda. Love this.
Post a Comment