Saturday, January 4, 2014

The Silver Lining - I am Thankful for the Goo

This picture sums up my day pretty well.  Can you tell what it is?  I'll get back to that...

Today was epic. I can't think of a more crazy, hard, gross, exhausting day ever in my life.  I think it could've been better if Drew were home, but he started his 2nd internship yesterday and is still at the station today.  Bless his heart - he received many texts from me throughout the day and I know his thoughts and prayers were with me and the kids.  So here is a brief summary:

1. 7am - Carter woke up with poop up to his armpits for the second day in a row.  Into the shower with Carter.
2. Brycen woke up and 2 minutes later, threw up last nights birthday cookies all over my carpet.  Note to self - less cookies before bed.  Into the shower with Brycen,
3. Frantically load kiddos into the car to get to the Primary PJ party on time.  Yep - we're late!
4. Finish set-up and discover that 3 out of 4 griddles won't work because we blew the circuit breaker!  And we have 80 kids coming any minute ready for pancakes!!!
5.  While helping kids get their breakfast - I start my period and have to rush out the door in a panic.
6. Home at last - but uh-oh, Brycen has a fever of 101.2.  Into bed he goes.
7. Arranged for Ava to get a ride to her friends baptism where she got the delicious cookie, pictured above.  Too bad Carter got a hold it and turned it to goo.  Yes there were many tears shed over the lost cookie.
8. Check Ava - she has a fever of 100.5.  Into bed she goes.
9. Made dinner - eveyone is sick and doesn't want anything but crackers, oatmeal and apple juice.  Eat dinner by myself.
10. A fish died.

You would think I got this story from a bad country song - but really - this has been the craziest day.

Here is the silver lining mentioned above.
1. After this mornings poop - Carter has been so much happier and is acting more like himself again!
2. The carpet came out clean and Brycen was fine for the PJ party.
3. Ever though we were late - I have the best primary presidency ever and set-up was totally handled!
4. We found working outlets across the hall and were still able to cook all the pancakes with out any other hiccups!
5. I had supplies in my car - crisis everted!
6. After a long nap - Brycen is feeling a little better!
7. A deal was made to replicate the cookie for Ava's own baptism this summer!
8. After some oatmeal and a some quiet time - Ava is feeling a little better too!
9. I have leftovers for tomorrow!
10.  I don't care about the fish!

I have to say that throughout my day - I witnessed so many little blessings/miracles.  I don't care if they are big or small - I am grateful for anything my Heavenly Father sends my way!  I was especially grateful that my attitude, for the most part, was good and not totally defeated.  This post may seem like I am complaining, but mostly - I am grateful for the blessings; the silver linings.

RE: the cookie, pictured above.  Did you notice that is says "Thank You" at the top?  I am thankful - even for the goo.  I have the best kids, the best husband, the best calling.  I think the goo brings me back to reality and keeps me humble.

1 comment:

Lisa and Jason said...

Love you girl. Thanks for sharing this:)