Mini-me and mini-Jason are getting soooo BIG! I can't quite wrap my mind around the fact that when we first moved to this house, Jake was four, Bray was two, and I was hugely pregnant with the twins-- and now, Brooklynn and Ethan are FOUR. It's like all of a sudden they are becoming big kids--stop growing!!!
Here are some fun facts--
Brooklynn:
Favorite Color: Pink and Purple
Favorite Activity: Coloring; Play with Ethan-- one of my favorite things about Brook and Ethan is how well they play together-- favorite games are "mom and dad" or "princess and guy."
Favorite Food: Green peppers, Macaroni and cheese
Favorite Quotes: "I'm not a pwincess, I'm a Bookie-girl!" She still has the cutest little squeaky voice and subs "w" for l and r. She gets very upset and growls loudly when her brothers interrupt her!
What do you want to be when you grow up?: "I have a idea! When it's Halloween I wanna be a witch!"
Ethan:
Favorite Color: Black
Favorite Superhero: "All of the superheroes! I like Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman... Green Lantern."
Favorite Game: Super Mario Smash Bros (at grandma's house!)
Favorite Food: Noodles, Tacos, Ramen noodles, Macayo's macaroni and cheese (pretty sure it's the same box we make at home)
What do you want to be when you grow up?: "Hmm... how 'bout.. six, or seven, or eight!"
Sooo..... I had great aspirations for birthday cakes this year. I thought it would be fun to layer up some cake and carve it into a princess gown for Brooklynn's princess Belle doll. Then I'd use the pieces I carved off and oreo crumbs to create a hilly terrain for some new cars for Ethan.
Unfortunately, I think I used the wrong type of cake... At first I tried to frost and patch, but when Brooklynn came up and asked what I was doing with her doll, it was over. At least she enjoyed licking it off!
In the end, it was a pile of cake pieces, goopy frosting, and oreo crumbs with cars on it. I wanted to cry, but we had to laugh! Do I get a prize for the ugliest cake ever?! Good thing the kids didn't care too much. We served it in "wads."
No comments:
Post a Comment