Friday, August 21, 2015

Jacob's Baptism

Family is such a blessing.  And on an occasion like this, I felt abundantly blessed.  Jason is the eldest of six siblings, and all but one were able to coordinate their summer travel plans to attend Jake's baptism.  Not only that, but Nana and Papa made the 12 hour trek on Friday for the baptism on Saturday, then drove back again on Sunday!  It was pure joy to have them here!  (I still can't believe they did all of that driving!)  I love that everyone just loves being together.



 
Cousins are the best kind of friends-- both 8 now!

The cousins sang "I am a Child of God" for a musical number.  Bray and Ethan were feeling tired and a bit shy.

  
Having fun with monster hugs from Papa!

After the baptism, I decided to keep it easier on myself--haha-- and instead of hosting the crowd, we all went to Macayos!  Jacob received some very special gifts after his baptism-- I new suit from Grandma, his own scriptures from us, a scripture case from cousins, and a box of goodies-- tie, tie tack, zipper charm, CTR ring, etc. from his aunts and uncles!


Then later, at our house with Nana and Papa, it was birthday central!  Brooklynn got a Frozen game, Ethan got a flying Batman toy, Jacob got a Rainbow Loom, Suzy got a bubble maker, and Braden got a Lego Star Wars ship and cruiser set!  It was kid heaven!  They played with their toys non-stop for the rest of the weekend.  It's always a little tough for Braden in July when everyone is having birthdays except him.  He especially, was in Lego heaven-- built his set with minimal help that evening!  (Since Jake got some Lego sets at his "Minute to Win It" party, Legos have been a big deal around here lately.)

No comments: