Sunday, September 7, 2014

Costco

I have recently discovered that when I need an ego boost, I can just take the kids to Costco and suddenly I am the best mom ever!  A bite of foot-long hotdog and a sip of soda has an amazing affect on my children!  Yesterday I hauled all five in the enormous shopping cart, we had some lunch, bought diapers, wipes, spinach, etc. and it was actually pretty fun.  The boys ran around a little, but stayed close to me, Suzy was happy in her car seat, and everyone loved the free samples!  With a mouth full of food Ethan exclaimed, "Thanks mom. Dis is da BEthST!"   
My favorite part though was this sweet old man just as we were pulling up to the check out line. The boys were getting on my nerves and I'm sure he could tell I was beginning to tire. I apologized for being in his way and he just smiled and said, "No problem!  I have four of my own and 10 grandchildren so I know how it is."  Then the lady just behind us in line struck up a conversation with Brooklynn and commented on how cute they all are. Little kindnesses like that are just the best.

1 comment:

The Rowley's said...

Your kids are SO adorable!!