So, I've been reading this great book called "Make the Bread, Buy the Butter." It's all about which foods are better--frugally, quality, and hassle-wise-- to make from scrach or to simply buy. Its a fun read, AND it includes recipes for those things that the author deems worthwhile! I made a goal to try something from this book and tonight I successfully made my own ricotta cheese!
Here is the "before" -- actually I used 2%
Here is the "during"-- add some vinegar and heat it up
And here is the "after"-- drain; 1 gallon of milk makes 2 1/2 cups of cheese, and a lot of whey that can be used in baking bread and bagels.... hmmm maybe that will be my next experiment...
Sounds crazy, but it was super easy, much cheaper than store-bought, and totally delicious--velvety and flufffy and oh-so-yummy-in-my-lasagne! Waaaahahahaha!! Take THAT store-bought brands!
DOMESTIC DIVA IN THE HOUSE!!!
3 comments:
YOU ARE AMAZING! How do you find the time to do it with all the little ones under foot?? Way To Go! xox
So cool - way to go Lisa!! And I love that as I read this I could totally hear your voice. ;) Love you tons!!!!
YOu are amazing - I don't think I would be brave enough to try it!
Way to go!
Post a Comment