Saturday, March 31, 2012

Conference Success!

Today I tried a new idea to help my kids listen better during conference. I printed and laminated a bunch of words/pictures for Ava and Brycen to listen for during each talk. Then in front of each picture was a different colored candy. If they hear the word, they get a piece of candy. Simple right? Well they loved it! not only did they keep each other accountable, but it kept them moving back and forth - or awake! Definitely a new tradition in our house!

Today was also the prettiest day we have had in months. It was in the 70's and clear and beautiful - so I let the kids play outside all afternoon. At one point Ava decided set-up a picnic for herself and Brycen. (Notice that Ava was convinced that today was definitely swimsuit weather!)
Finally, to really top off our wonderful day, Drew gave Brycen a haircut and the poor guy was so tired from playing outside that he fell asleep mid cut. I actually had to hold him up so he wouldn't fall off the counter. Precious!

3 comments:

The Rowley's said...

What a fun conference idea! Glad you guys had such a great day! And Brycen falling asleep is priceless!! Sooo cute. ;)

Matt and Kimbre said...

Great idea! Your family is so cute!

Nana said...

So proud of how you and Drew are raising your family! Love to all. xoxo