Rules for this year:
Theme: Superheroes
All houses are constructed before the contest
Obviously, food items are required, but anything goes as far as extra elements
The kids paired with an adult to build and the adult creations were judged but Jason's cousin Ashley and her boyfriend--(Dawn told them not to include her in the judging, otherwise I'm sure they would've won!)
From top left going clockwise: Spiderman(Dawn & Sid), Batman's cave,Gotham, & Police Station(Jason & Me), The Avengers' Air Ship(Shannon & Kevin), Iron Man(Davis & Becca).
Funny story about Shannon and Kevin's creation-- A few days before the contest, Shannon and Kevin had everything ready to go. They had put long and late hours into this thing. As you can see, it has a lot of detail work. But then, little Lincoln came along and in spite of Shannon's ninja reflexes, he launched a little basketball and... complete destruction! Lucky for them the date for the Gingerbread House Contest was delayed a week. I remember Kev talking about it in church-- his description was priceless!
Lots of building.... and LOTS of snitching!
I have to say, I was dang proud of our creation! It was a lot of candy and a lot of work, but it turned out way fun-- check out the stalactite cave, snowy broccoli trees, secret river entrance, etc!
And... WE WON! Woohoo!!




No comments:
Post a Comment