Thursday, December 12, 2013

E - Speaks! with some Babbling Brook

At the ripe ol' age of 2 1/2, Ethan just pops out with the funniest, full sentences sometimes-- and they are pronounced very clearly for such a little guy.

A few frequent favorites:

Mom (or anyone):  Come on Ethan.  You're stinky!

E:  I not stinky.  I'm a boy!  I'm a boy-guy!

OR

E:  No, I'm just good.

OR

E:  I not stinky!  It's Brookie!

Brook (justifiably insulted!):  No, is Ethan!



On the way home from Grandma's house, Brooklynn points up to a beautiful full moon.

Brook:  It's the moon!

E:  No, it's a egg!

Brook: No, it's a MOON!

E:  It's a egg!

Brook:  IT'S - A - MOON!

Mom:  It's called a moon Ethan.

E (grinning and well aware that it's a moon, but just feeling contrary): No . . . It's a egg.

Needless to say, this conversation went back and forth for the rest of the ride home.


1 comment:

Nana said...

I laugh every time I re-read this! Thanks for sharing.