Friday, November 2, 2012

Happy Halloween!

We have had a busy week!  Monday, Jacob had preschool and I made cookies for his Wednesday class.  Tuesday, we attended the library Halloween puppet show and we FINALLY carved our pumpkins.  The boys scooped seeds and drew faces, I did the actual carving.  As you can see, my favorite part is the squishy pumpkin guts-- the boys still don't want to touch them. 


Then Wednesday was the marathon-- Jacob's preschool class in costumes, little presentation and potluck--one of the moms brought a huge pot of homemade tamales--Delish!  Jake sang loud and although he was a little apprehensive at first, gave me big grins and did great.  His teachers always have sweet things to say about him (I suppose being a little older, smart, cute as a button, and probably the only native English speaker doesn't hurt either-- I hope he picks up more espanol!) Then, that evening was chili cook-off and trunk-r-treat.  I made spicy chicken tortilla soup, packed all the costumes, candy, decorations, and buckets and we headed off for 90 minutes of mayhem! It was a rushed but fun time. The kids loved it and were still back home and in bed on time. Whew!






2 comments:

The Rowley's said...

Sounds like you guys had some busy awesome fun! Love the costumes and decorations - you all look great!!

Nana said...

Your life is so crazy busy! Isn't it fun, though? What great memories you're creating with your family. oxox