A couple weeks ago, Matt and I decided to take our first camping trip with Riley! We went down to a camp ground called Laird Park. It has some really nice secluded-ish camp sites, a stream and play area, and a loop to hike around. We got going a little late, but it being our first time with her, we gave ourselves some slack. When we first arrived, we had lunch and got going on a little hike. Riley did really well in her kid-carrier for the first time!
When we got back, we set up camp and got things ready for dinner. Laird Park is somewhat close to Moscow so Kent and Martha and Lacey and her boys joined us for the evening for tinfoil dinners and s'mores! The park also has some horseshoe pits so after dinner we played a round of horseshoes. I actually got a couple ringers!
I did my best to not constantly follow Riley around with wipes and I was successful most of the time. After a little fussin' she even had some muddy tears.
We had a great time and can't wait to go again!
Thursday, August 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
A little dirt and fresh air is great for kids! Way to go! XoXoXo
You are my hero! Way to go Kimbre!
Post a Comment